SFM is taking a summer break, so I wanted to make sure all petition supporters were up to date with developments at Richmond Council, as I suspect not all of you will be following the SFM blog. Apologies if the content of this email is a little dry, but these are important details that need clarifying.
FUNDING
On Monday 6 July, Richmond Council asked me to confirm that Zac Goldsmith is no longer funding SFM. You can read my statement on SFM funding here.
SFM'S CONSTITUTION
On Friday 17 July I met with Susan Kramer MP in an attempt to find a way around the obstacles presented by the LA in relation to a school food working party. She made some interesting comments about data protection and SFM's constitution and suggested that clarification in these areas could help build trust with the LA. The SFM Memorandum of Association is available to all at Companies House and clearly states our Objects. These Objects are due to change slightly when we become a Charity to reflect our commitment to sustainable food.
DATA PROTECTION
SFM will never pass on data gathered from the website, the SFM blog, or the SFM petition to a third party. I now understand that SFM is required to registered under the Data Protection Action and this is in hand. I have made a statement on Data Protection here.
WHAT NEXT?
I have addressed these concerns in good faith, to build trust with the LA. I now see no reason why we cannot enjoy a successful relationship with the LA and set up a working party with parents and heads to convene in the autumn term.
Enjoy the summer, thank you for your continued support and keep finding signatures for that petition!
No comments:
Post a Comment