Here is the lunch offered at the school within the borough contract:


There was no menu on display but this appears to be a frozen pizza square, frozen sweetcorn, new potatoes and baked beans for the main and I have no idea which the pudding is. The meat option was not popular and I wasn't sure what it was.
I have been told that Sodexo are preparing and cooking fresh vegetables on site in all schools within the contract. The photo below shows the fresh component and I agree that it is good to have fresh raw fruit and veg on the table for children to snack on:

We then moved on to our 'opt out' school. The menu on the serving hatch told us what was on offer and, in addition, there was a salad bar with a yoghurt alternative to the hot pudding:




The difference in meal price to parents is 5p more for the opt out meal. Comments please.
No comments:
Post a Comment