I also invited Richard to come and have a school meal with me and I look forward to reporting back on this next week!
Wednesday, 18 March 2009
Yesterday I had my first meeting with the officer appointed to look at school food. Richard Portas is now drawing up Terms of Reference for our working party and has confirmed that the first meeting will be in the summer term. This initial meeting will be between School Food Matters, Matthew Paul, Richard Portas and sustainability manager, Michael Doust. The working party will be chaired by Matthew Paul and we will collectively agree on other group members. The group will include a head from a school within the contract, a governor from a school within the contract, a head from an opt-out school, a governor from an opt-out school, one other parent and a representative from a secondary school. I will recommend that members represent different schools to get a good overview.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment