Tuesday, 8 September 2009

News from Richmond Council?

On 1st September I wrote to Richmond Council for an update on the school meals working party. I have just received this reply: "We are considering the best way forward regarding this area of work. We may try to re-establish a schools-led group. I’ll let you know as and when we have decided."
This seemed  little vague so I have sent the following: 
 
"I would like to report back to parents, so would you mind updating me on the following:
  • are you still considering a working partnership with SFM when planning the future of school meals?
  • if not, could you please give your reasons why?
  • with or without SFM, will LBRUT involve parents when planning the future of school meals?
  • will you consult with Richmond schools that are enjoying high take-up (ie opt out schools) and learn from their successes?
  • will you consult with other local authorities that are enjoying high take-up and learn from their successes?
  • what lead-time is required if LBRUT is to tender the school meal contract in time for a start dates of September 2011?"
 I have also urged the LA not to forget parents in the process and requested a clear statement from Cllr Eady on the status of a school meals working party.  Keep checking in for developments.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Well done! Hope you get a comprehensive answer.

    ReplyDelete